This statement covers the services provided by the Emoti-OS website:
The Data Controller for this website is i-DAT, Plymouth University.
The purpose of this statement is to inform users of this web site, about the information that is collected from them when they visit this site, how this information is used, if it is disclosed and the ways in which we protect users’ privacy.
We will only use information you provide for the purpose we have described and we do not pass on your details to any third party unless you give us permission to do so. We use appropriate security technologies to safeguard your data and take appropriate steps to prevent unauthorised access to it.
Summary of the purpose of Emoti-OS Project:
Emoti-OS is a research project which contributes to artistic research on the cultural value of systems such as this chatbot in social situations.The intention of the project is to draw people into a brief conversation about how they feel about their current experience, simultaneously reflecting the collective mood of those it speaks to.
The information (chat) provided is aggregate to identify the mood of the individuals interacting with the Chatbot. This is done by analysing the tone of the aggregated conversations being had with the chatbot using the IBM Watson™ Tone Analyzer service.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- information that you provide through chatting to the Emoti-OS chat-bot
The purposes for which the data are intended to be processed are as follows:
- to administer the website;
- to aggregate collective sentiments from the individuals interacting with the Emoti-OS chat-bot;
- to inform artistic research on the cultural value of systems such as this chatbot in social situations;
- to deal with enquiries made by or about you relating to the website.
Unless otherwise required by statute, we do not identify publicly who sends questions or comments to our web site. This privacy statement relates only to the Emoti-OS.me site. The Emoti-OS.me site may contain links to other sites where information practices may be different to ours. You should consult the other sites’ privacy notices as we are not responsible for and have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, third party websites.
These Terms and Conditions may be amended from time to time.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at contact@Emoti-OS.me.